Sunday, August 15, 2010

Hello y'all.  It's time to return to blogging.  I've sure missed visiting you and having you stopping by to say hello.  Thought it was an appropriate time to start a new blog that says where I am in live.  That's what Movin' On will be about.  My next few posts will be catching up with my last 8 months.  

Since May my son and his family has been living with me.  They sold their house more quickly than they anticipated and needed a place to stay until they build their house.  As more and more happened this summer they are still here.  My son received a job offer in Pittsburgh a week ago and is now weighing the pros and cons about uprooting his family.  They are in Pittsburgh this weekend looking at the area and some houses in the out skirts of the city. Their hopes were to raise their children in a rural area.

Having them here has been a blessing.  It has helped me dealing with the death of my husband and learning to do things by myself.  I have gotten so close to the kids and don't know what I'll do when they leave.  Who knows....I may move to Pittsburgh to be close to them.  


4 comments:

Mary said...

Linda, I'm so happy to see you're blogging again!

Suzy said...

Glad to hear that you're getting back into the swing of things!!

Cherdecor said...

Linda, I was so glad to get a message from you on my comments! Welcome back to the blogging world.

What a blessing to have your son and his family with you for the past couple of months. The Lord certainly has helped you by filling in the gaps since your husband's passing. What better way than to have your son right there to help you with things around the house and for emotional healing.

I have put you on my RSS feed so I will be back every time you post. Have a happy day!

Big Hugs,
Cheryl

Renee said...

Linda, it was so good to hear from you. Welcome back to the blogging world ~ you've definitely been missed!