Sunday, January 24, 2010

The week before Christmas we were hit with a big snow storm. Family was in here from North Carolina and Florida and not prepared for all the white stuff. Before we could let the kids go out and play in the snow we had to improvise with snow gear. Take a close look at their "boots" or lack thereof. To keep their feet dry we tied plastic bags over their shoes. We called them the WV hillbilly boots!!


The kids had a great time with their snowball fight.

The following picture gives a better illustration at the amount of snow we got. It was a dry snow which helped everyone getting around town.


This past week has been dark, dreary and rainy. I've spent most of the week lying on the sofa trying to get over a cold I got from washing my car last Saturday. Some sunshine would really help me feel better.


8 comments:

Patti said...

Looks like the kids were having a lot of fun in the snow! Hope you are feeling better soon!
Patti

Renie Burghardt said...

Love the WV hillbilly boots! Looks like the kids had a ball. Love the pictures.

I hope you are feeling much better by now, Linda. We've had very nice spring-like weather for over a week, but this week winter is returning. Major Bummer!

Have a great week!

Hugs and prayers,

Renie

Renee said...

The kids look adorable! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Shirley said...

Good thinking on those boots....it was good that they at least had their winter coats...grandkids are a lot of enjoyment...and I'm sure they enjoyed visiting with you...
and the snow just made it more fun.
Hoping your cold gets better...
take care and God bless.

Baba said...

Hi Linda, I hope you are getting over your cold!!!

I love the shots of your grand kids having a ball in the snow, even with their homemade boots..the snow looks so pretty and fluffy!!! I would love to play in that snow.

Have a good week and I hope the sun shines on you. hugs, Baba

Cherdecor said...

I remember having boots like those one time when I was a kid. =)
They all look so cute!

Hope you get much better very soon.
Hugs,
Cheryl

Marsha said...

We used plastic bags on a few occasions. American/Southern ingenuity!

Sorry I haven't been by since I got your note but life has been a little stange for us recently.

I was sorry to read about your husband. I hope you are doing okay.

I still want to get back to regular blogging but my reality has a mind of it's own.

Katie said...

OHHHH look at all the babies in the snow!! This is precious!! I'm so glad I can keep up with them now. I want more pics!!